Thank you PoE Texas Users for making the PoE Calculator one of our most popular online tools! Let us help you calculate your PoE budget by Powered Device (PD) and for a Power Supplying Equipment (PSE).
Instructions for use:
- Step 1 - Pick your PoE Standard. Don't know what they mean? Check out our Dictionary. If you have an unusual PoE, you can use the 24 volt passive for 2 pair PoE.
- Step 2 - Either select your cable type, our values match industry standard, or look it up yourself under the DCR of your cable and put it in the Alternate Ohms/1000 ft field.
- Step 3 - Pick your voltage. You'll want to check your datasheets for IEEE compliant products because they can range from 44 to 56 volts.
- Step 4 - Find power consumption for your PD. You'll normally find it in the datasheet like this one:Insert Image Here
- Step 5 - Add the distance of the run.
- Step 6 - Add the number of devices like this you'll be using.